Friday, July 30, 2010

RAGBRAI #7

Just got back from five days of cycling approximately 400 miles across the beautiful state of Iowa. This was my 7th RAGBRAI and my favorite thus far. Here are a few of the highlights:

• Having my girlfriend Sundae along for her first RAGBRAI ever and seeing it all through her eyes. This girl just started riding in December and she rocked it!
• “Randomly” meeting a new group of friends, Team Groucho, who are the neatest people and enjoying getting to know them and hearing their stories.
• Experiencing great hospitality along the way. Amazing!
• Having the most beautiful weather conditions – the best yet.
• Getting to have lots of time with my wonderful hubby and leaving work and school demands behind for a week.
• Enjoying the beauty of God’s creation and just being outside all day every day – I love it!
• Incredible spiritual conversations throughout the week. I love those!

I’m so grateful for the opportunity and ability to be able to experience something like this each year. It’s my favorite week and it refreshes me like nothing else. I’m not sure if its working my butt off on that bike, sweating like a big dog all day, or just challenging myself to be better each year, but this ride really flips my switch.

What ignites you?

No comments:

Post a Comment